Monday, November 19, 2012

Quack vs MD

source

Are you a believer of Albularyo or Quack Doctor or Faith Healer? Honestly, I am not a believer. I am one of those people who does not believe on anything without scientific basis. I am aware, though, that there are some cases which medical science could not explain but until I witness a limp person was made to walk again by a Quack Doctor, then me believing in this alternative is impossible.

I don't have any firsthand experience with any Faith healers. I am not even sure if this is the same as Manghihilot, which I allow my son to be brought to. Hilot for me is the same as reflexology so there is still scientific explanation how some sickness can be treated by this method. 

What I find weird about the Faith healers are the ones who whisper prayers because I am not sure if we are praying to the same God or not. Also, I cannot see the images they "see" when they do the tawas. Maybe that's because I am not gifted like them. 

Johan has been having on and off fevers since Thursday and I've been receiving comments that I should bring him to an albularyo. But, I've been firm on my decision on bringing him to his pedia today. A decision that was welcomed with raised eyebrows and cold shoulders. :)

If I were to bring Johan to a non-medical professional, I would bring him to Father Suarez instead of the albularyo. No offense meant to those who believe, to each his own.

1 comment:

Kim Reyes said...

When I was younger, my mom would bring me to a faith healer when I get sick. I don't remember feeling better, though. My fever would still continue then eventually go down after a few days of rest- which I think is normal for the flu.

Now that I have a daughter, I've made a decision not to take her to faith healers. I'm not a believer too. I'd rather bring her to her pedia as well.

www.momonduty.com

Post a Comment