Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Kids and Escalators


source

What is it about escalators that draw the kids towards them? My son is no different. Every time we go to the mall, he would either pull me or his daddy towards the escalator and go for a "ride".

I am very vigilant about looking after Johan when we go to the mall because I'm scared that what happened to the kid who got injured when his arm got stuck in the escalator would happen to my son. The thought of it even sends chills to my bones.

Imagine my horror when last Sunday as we went to nearby SM, in just a blink of an eye, I saw my son running towards the escalator going up. I don't know if it's adrenaline rush or what, but I sprinted! I actually did ran my fastest just so I could catch up with Johan and like in the movies, it was like everything went into slow motion and I reached him as soon as his foot stepped on the floor plates of the escalator.

I think my heart stopped beating the whole time I was running towards him. It scared the hell out of me, I tell ya. In the end, we both went up the escalator and went back down again, with the little boy jumping in glee not knowing his mom is near tears and on the brink of having a heart attack.

Source

My mom told me to buy something like the one on the photo so I could keep Johan close every time we go out. But, I'm still thinking about it because it gives me the impression that my son would look like a dog on a leash. Apologies to the moms who use this product, it's just my personal opinion which might just change in the future. By the way, can you give me some feedback on the product?

No comments:

Post a Comment