Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cooking Diaries: French Bread and Carbonara

I am no cook. I've said this over and over in my other blog, Lifetime of Togetherness, and my family can attest to that. But, I am not giving up, oh no, I'm definitely not.

The other day, to satisfy my craving of Carbonara (which lasted for days), I went online to search for a recipe. Since we still have spaghetti noodles and a can of sliced mushrooms left in stock, all that were needed to buy were cream, ham and cheese. Since, I was already at the grocery, I decided to buy some ingredients for the French Bread as well.

Come on, these are very easy to make.


For the Carbonara you will need:

about 175 g of spaghetti noodles or any pasta noodle
2 boxes of Nestle Cream
3 slices of Cooked Ham, cubed (mostly will use Bacon but I prefer to use Ham)
1 can of sliced button mushrooms
Garlic
Onion
Parmesan Cheese
Butter
Salt and Pepper
Parsley for garnish

How to:
1. Cook the spaghetti noodles until al dente (with this task, I had to ask the help of hubby, I don't know when to tell if the noodles are cooked already, haha! I told ya, I am a cooking dummy!)
2. In a skillet, preferably non-stick, melt 1/4 butter, saute the garlic and onion, put in the ham and mushrooms then slowly put in the cream, stirring continuously. Add salt and pepper.
3. Add the spaghetti noodles in the skillet and toss until the noodles are evenly coated with the sauce.
4. Transfer into a plate, add Parmesan cheese and top with parsley.

Easy right?

Now on to the French Bread. Here are the ingredients:

4 slices of bread
1/2 cup Condensed Milk
1 Egg
1/4 cup of water
Butter
Cheddar Cheese

How to:
1. In a bowl, whisk the egg, 1/2 cup condensed milk and 1/4 cup water.
2. Place about 2-3 slices of cheese on a slice of bread and cover with another slice.
3. In a skillet, melt some butter.
4. Dip both sides of the sandwich on the egg-milk-water mixture and fry in the hot butter until brown. Turn over to cook the other side.
5. Drain in paper towels.

No sweat, right? I told you, these are fairly easy to make that even a kitchen dummy like me was able to cook these.

Here's my end product.


No comments:

Post a Comment